Is the military diet healthy
A military diet can help you lose weight fast while maintaining a healthy regime to the body. But carrying out a 3-day military diet plan can lead you to gain more weight that you have earned previously. The military diet plan literally a 3-day food guide that goes roughly with 860 to 1,150 calorie intake. A Military diet generally means eating less while burning more calories for the initial 3 days of a week. By then the body will make up fewer fats and will make it a form of fasting. The military diet is for everyone but it has faced high critics from the medical experts calling it a completely “Unhealthy diet” especially for pregnant, nursing or anyone elderly with a complete medical condition shouldn’t follow the program.
Often we do come across some questions in mind such as is the military diet a healthy way to lose weight?
Now we’ll look into some interesting facts to understand the risks involved in a 3-day military diet.
- With a strict diet rule that calculates a different set of calories in breakfast, lunch and dinner would help you achieve the exact weight loss you always hoped for. But be cautious not to intake snacks or high-calorie foods in between.
- There should be a proper cooking technique but should not add condiments. You are allowed to use salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juices or herbs that spice up your meals without adding extra calorie to the food.
- During the military diet, it is told to consume fluids or to drink water, tea or black coffee. However, there shouldn’t be any alcohol or sugary drinks that can add up extra calories during the diet. Also, it is said that soda is the most popular beverages in the USA however it can increase a high risk of heart attack and Type 2 diabetes.
- Military diet can provide unexpected results and by keeping a strict limit to the food items and the calorie intake dieters experience a boost in mood and improvement in sleep pattern and develop a healthy food lifestyle.
- The Military diet plan consists of high fiber-rich foods that contain essential nutrients such as salmon, almonds, quinoa as well as avocado.
A military diet is a strict diet plan that results in drastic weight loss due to a reduction in calorie intake. However, the restrictions are for 3 initial days and the remaining 4 days are called off for a normal diet.
According to several websites & discussion forums, the military diet consists of the eating lean protein such as tuna, healthy eggs & fruits such as banana, grapefruit or whole grain. Not only that a person who’s in 3-day military diet can consume hotdogs and ice creams but not in abundance. Although a 3-day military diet isn’t a long term success and certainly your body then will learn how to eat healthy food or diet similar to it. In regard to the military diet, a person gets accustomed to the diet cycle instead of following different food lifestyle or way of eating.
How healthy is the military diet?
As you know a military diet is the dieting only for 3 days. But in reality, the diet goes up to 7-day diet for the entire month. Now, how healthy is the military diet? Let’s understand this with some example.
Unlike other diet plans in the military diet, you’re supposed to follow a complete diet chart with food specified for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the first 3 days. But then you are free for 4 days off. Not only have these you have to stick with a low calorie dieted with foods such as protein and mostly veggies.
The primary reason why military diet or 3-day diet is popular because you don’t have to count the calories while getting ready for meals. You always had the best possible alternatives for serving sizes and foods. In general, you can improvise the idea of consuming low intake of calorie diet or eat exactly what the diet instructs for the 3-day military diet program.
What is the risk associated with the 3-day military diet?
The question “is the military diet healthy” is asked often and to delegate a proper answer to the question asked. We would like to explain why a person on a military diet feels hungry over time. The military diet is not completely safe as per it designed to help those who want to lose weight more rapidly. Often people have experienced adverse effects or hazardous health effects with the military diet plan such as dehydration, headaches, weakness, and irritability. The military diet is introduced due to the rising level of issues pertaining to obesity and many people have claimed that the 3-day military diet helps in losing weight that promotes rapid weight loss.
Additionally, the addition of health risks through the military diet is also a considerable fact associated with it. Typically a low-calorie diet in the military diet helps in losing fat more easily than full-fledged dieting. It is measured using a glycemic index that is used to classify different foods with the number of carbs in it. This tells how military diet is low in glycemic index and linked with hazardous risk factors suggesting military diet wouldn’t be sustainable for weight loss for a longer period. However, as for the quick remedy for weight loss is still a 3-day military diet is the only option left.
There are several instances where medical experts have shown that a low-calorie diet in military diet resembles or associated with long term as well as short term risks. However many have argued that anyone can achieve a sustainable weight loss safely with the military diet but in the longer run, it is that sustainable.